KammarensembleN is driven by artistic dedication:
- it is of utmost importance for society that the different musical expressions of our time are articulated and made available
- our western musical arts tradition – in so far the way music is capable – plants a seed for deeper understanding of the world.
- the accessibility – beyond our artist credo – also becomes a cultural policy; to work to enable the composition and performance of new music.
With these common values, based on individual standing points, the 17 members of KammarensembleN decide on our repertoire and the best ways to engage with our audience; both with the faithful listeners but also with a new audience.
The ensemble’s activities rest on two pillars.
- to convey modern classical and contemporary works – both Swedish and foreign – crucially for new listeners
- new compositions get a chance to be performed.
We collaborate with composers, concert organizers, producers, festivals and performers, both at home and abroad. This is how it has been since our beginning in 1984.